Monday 3 March 2014

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell|Review

Title: Fangirl
Genre: Contempry
My Star Rating: ★★★☆☆

Blurb:
Cath and Wren are identical twins and until recently they did absalutley everything together. Now they're off to university and Wren's decided she doesn't want to be one half of a pair anymore- she wants to dance, meet boys, go to parties and get loose. It's not so easy for Cath. She would rather bury hers;ef in the fanfiction she writes where there's romance more intense than anything she's experienced in real life.
Now Cath has to decide whether she's ready to open her heart to new people and new experiences, and she'd realising that there's more to learn about love than she ever thought possible...

To be completely honest I really didn't see the huge fuss about Fangirl. I'd go as far as to say it was good, but nothing special. I felt like very little happened and the things that did happen weren't massively exiting.
I thought I'd relate to Cath a lot as we both write fanfiction from a popular book series and we're both obsessed with the main characters school enemy but somehow I just didn't find her all that interesting, there wasn't much to her.
Because this book was a romance I should probably talk about the love interests. I thought Levi was a very likeable person which is strange for me because he is so happy and smiley and I am quite cynical (don't ask why the cynic is reading romance novels). I never much liked Nick as I thought his character was a bit weird and irritating.
One good thing was that Fangirl did encourage me to continue with a potter fanfiction which I had been playing with the idea of for a while. I definitely think this would be a lovely book for aspiring authors as a lot of the book is about fiction writing.
Please don't get the wrong idea and think I hated this book, it was just a bit overhyped.
Love Always,
Freya

No comments:

Post a Comment